DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2-Inch Rip Capacity and Rolling Stand
Functionality and Portability
The DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-inch Jobsite Table Saw with 32-1/2 inch (82.5cm) Rip Capacity and a Rolling Stand features a rack & pinion fence system which makes fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate. The 32-1/2 inch rip capacity easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim materials - the patented material support allows this to be used for narrow rip cuts. This unit features a 15 amp motor which quickly rips through hardwoods with ease. The telescoping fence rails easily extend and retract to create a small portable package and the flip-over ripping fence allows for narrow rip cuts.
This saw offers 3-1/8 inch depth of cut at 90 degrees and 2-1/4 inch at 45 degrees. A 2-inch dust collection port easily connects to a vacuum for efficient dust extraction to keep clean up at a minimum. The rolling stand is designed for easy set up and breakdown with excellent stability, and features large heavy duty wheels that easily roll over steps, curbs, and jobsite debris. The 26-1/4 inch X 22 inch table provides superior material support. This unit features an on-board storage system which provides easy access to the Site-Pro Guard components and push stick when not in use.
- Cabinet Installers: ripping filler boards.
- Hardwood Floor Installers; ripping floor boards.
- Trim Carpenters: ripping moldings, wainscoting, ripping and cross cutting 1X material for framing book shelves and entertainment centers, ripping framing lumber.
- Deck Builders: ripping deck boards, rail cap, railing.
- Remodelers: ripping framing lumber, sheet material (4 feet X 8 feet).
- Serious Woodworkers: home hobbyists, ripping sheet material (4 feet X 8 feet), framing lumber, (2-inch X 12-inch), sizing material up to 3-inches thick, ripping and cross cutting 1X material used for dados, rabbets, mortise and tenons.
What's in the Box
- Jobsite Table Saw
- 10-inch 24-Tooth Carbide Blade
- Rolling stand
- Push Stick
- Miter Gauge
DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors, nailers, saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more. DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America.
- Rack & Pinion Fence System Make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- 32-1/2" Rip capacity easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim materials
- 15 Amp motor quickly rips through hardwoods with ease
- Rolling stand designed for easy set up and breakdown with excellent stability
- 2-1/2-Inch Dust Collection Port easily connects to a vacuum for efficient dust extraction
Average Customer Review
(49 customer reviews)
Pushes The Limits For Portability And Flexibility, December 9, 2013
J. Whiteside (Missoula, MT)
Aside from the aforementioned upgrades, most of the other specifications (like cut depths) are identical to the previous 744/745 series. The least expensive model, the 7480, is no longer crippled like the 745 was...even the least model has a 24-1/2" fence to rip sheet goods in half. Both the 7490X and 7491RS can accept dado.
Powerful and Portable, October 7, 2013
Michael Enoksen (Marysville, California)
They have improved the stand so that you can put the bottom legs down with your feet. The Bosch has a nice gravity table, but after trying that out I wasn't real impressed. The table on the Dewalt just felt more sturdy. I like how the back legs extend out for added stability.
I also like the rip fence more than the Bosch. You have a choice of sliding it back and forth like the Bosch, but I really like the turn knob when you need to fine tune your measurements. Another thing I like about the rip fence is the multi level placement. When working with small items and your fence is closer to the blade, you can flip the support rail over so you have a.
One great saw, from a home owners perspective., December 14, 2013
I've only recently taken delivey of this saw and will be adding to this review as I get a bit more time in on it. My initial opinion is that Dewalt worked hard at making their 744XRS even better with this 7491RS. Nothing ground breaking but small tweaks everywhere to improve the saw. It works and works well.
Assembly was fairly simple. There is an assembly instruction book seperate from the owners manual with about 2 pages of instructions. Tools needed are included however I would recommend a 13mm ratchet and box end wrench, along with some red thread locker. Assume about an hour for the job, including breaking down the box and styrofoam packing.
Once built, you will find.